Overwatch Open Beta Available For Free To Play
Call all your friends and play Overwatch Open Beta for free. This will be open on May 5, 2016 and will be available for 4 days, it will close on May 9, 2016.
The Overwatch Open Beta will be available across PC (Battle.net), PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you have pre-ordered the game by April 29, 2016. You will be able to get an earlier access to the open beta. An early access code will be sent to you via email and can have access to the beta as early as May 3. You can find more information about the Open Beta Early Access here.
The free for all access (no pre-order access codes needed) will start at May 4, 2016 at 4:00 pm PDT (11:00 PM UTC)
OPEN BETA INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the Battle.net client make sure that you have a Battle.net account for you to log in.
- Upon the launch of the Battle.net client, click the ‘Overwatch’ icon found at the top-left side and install it.
- Make sure that you have an Xbox Live Gold subscription during the open beta.
- Visit the Xbox One Store and go to ‘Games’ then ‘Search All Games’.
- Type ‘Overwatch’ in the search field and select the ‘Overwatch Open Beta’ then download it.
- Simply launch the game, when the download is complete.
- In the PlayStation Store search for ‘Overwatch’.
- Choose the ‘Overwatch Open Beta’ then download.
- Simply launch when download is complete.
OPEN BETA CONTENT
The Overwatch Open Beta will give you access to the game’s 21 available heroes as well as to all the 12 maps. None of the content is restricted or locked. You can access the game’s features that will be available during the game’s launch like Competitive Play, Weekly Brawl and Loot Boxes and many more.
Also the game offers 4 different game modes. These modes will each have a different map. The game modes will support a maximum of 12 players, that will be six players per team:
- Assault: Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- Escort: Dorado, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Assault/Escort Hybrid: Hollywood, King’s Row, and Numbani
- Control: Ilios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal
The cross platform play will not be available, and any progress in the beta will not be carried over to the official game once it has been launched on May 24, 2016.
For more information, check out the Overwatch Open Beta FAQ’s.