15 Best Strategy Games and Compare Prices
Read this post in :
What are the best 15 Strategy Games ?
What Is a Strategy Game?
A strategy game is, in simple terms, a game that focuses on the choices that a player makes in order to influence the outcome of the game, engaging players in a more thought-provoking experience.
Strategy games fall into a number of sub-genres:
- 4X games focus on exploration, expanding, exploiting and exterminating as the player controls an empire, these are games such as the Europa Universalis franchise and Stellaris.
- Real-time strategy (RTS) games, such as the StarCraft games and Age of Empires franchise are games that do not progress in turns and will see players control units and structures in real-time, usually limiting them with the resources made available.
- Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas (MOBAs), such as Dota 2 and League of Legends tasks players with controlling a single unit, often called a Hero or Champion, and challenging them to move through lanes and periodically-spawned computer-controlled units in order to destroy the other team’s towers and base.
- Turn-based strategy (TBS) games, such as the Civilization series and Heroes of Might and Magic are games where players take it in turns to move, attack or collect resources, and the gameplay is generally close to that of a board game.
- Turn-based tactics (TBT) titles, like the X-Com series or Fire Emblem games focus on military tactics on a small-scale to decide the outcome of various scenarios.
There is a strategy game for everyone, test your reactions and skills, such as in a MOBA or RTS, or whether you want a more causal and thought-provoking challenge in games that fall in the TBS and TBT categories, there is a strategy game for everyone.
This is where Tags come in.
Why Are We Doing a Top 15 Strategy Games List?
In the world of Strategy Games, fantastic games can be found at incredible prices but you can also be at a greater risk of being left disappointed.
Not all games reach their potential and get a release, unfortunately many games are left abandoned by their developers or are even released in a poor state and are yet still available to purchase on Steam.
Steam is in the business of selling games and sometimes that can mean a drop in quality in order to get more titles onto the Steam Store and available for purchase.
At Allkeyshop, we believe in quality over quantity and because of that we use every bit of data that Steam offers and we use that to provide the most detailed analysis of a game’s ranking.
How Do We Get Our Rankings?
Our rankings will take all available pieces of data into account, in particular we focus on the real ratings, real opinions and recommendations of those that play the game.
As a part of our ranking, we ensure that only those that own the game, have it currently available in their library and are logged into their account can vote for their favourite games. This, along with our other data, ensures we have the most accurate ranking system possible.
We only show the top 15 games so that you are not overwhelmed with hundreds of games and swamped in too much data. We plan on refreshing our top 15 each week, but we may change this plan if we find it has a real demand from you, our users.
Allkeyshop is a price comparator site with the intention of giving players the best price possible for the best games available. We remain fully impartial on prices and sellers, displaying both online sites and platforms such Steam, Origin and Epic, and we remain completely impartial on the rating of those games that we highlight in our rankings.
Our rankings are based on our users with no influence from us and we will remain impartial on the ratings and the rankings of all games.