Agony Unrated Release Date Confirmed, Finally!
The Agony Unrated release date has been confirmed. We previously thought that the game is a goner since it had so many issues. The first stab was that when the game first launched it was riddled with both censorship and technical issues so the game was not up to par with what the developers wanted. Developer Madmind Studios then decide that they wanted to release an unrated version of the game, however, they were hit with some financial issues and were forced to shut down development. For some reason, Agony Unrated appeared on Steam which served as a glimmer of hope for fans. Finally, a launch date was announced by Madmind and it will be by the end of the month.
The studio is well aware of the disappointment that the game Agony delivered, and the Unrated version will be their saving grace. Because of this, those who supported the game on Kickstarter will have the game for free, and those who purchased the first game will have 90% off.
Get to watch the trailer below:
WARNING: THE VIDEO DOES COME WITH VERY DISTURBING IMAGES!
Also, get to know the changes made in the Unrated version below:
- Improved quality of character models and textures
- New types of threats – Traps
- New types of environmental threats
- New types of static opponents
- A new, more extensive and useful character development system
- Volumetric lighting
- Normal Mode and Hard Mode with more opponents and puzzles
- Completely new type of environment – the Forest, added to the procedurally generated Agony Mode, which now also includes additional traps and boss fights
- 8 different endings in the Story Mode
- Possibility to follow the story mode as a Sukkub
- Sukkub Mode and Agony Mode are unlocked at the first start of the game
- Many new, uncensored scenes
- Black and red image filter, inspired by the Agony trailers
- World map and minimap
- The possibility of setting up a fire and killing some opponents as a martyr
- Sacrificial altars
- New and modified paths for the player
- Numerous technical improvements to the basic version of the game and much more.
Madmind has also announced their plans to bring the game to the Nintendo Switch by partnering up with Ultimate Games. It is unclear however which version will be arriving on the Switch at this time.
Agony Unrated is set to launch on October 31, 2018.