Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Making Changes To Weapons, Modes and More After Betas
Important changes are happening to Call of Duty Infinite Warfare especially towards its weapons as well as other important elements in the game. This came about after the two Betas that are finished for the game. Players of the Betas gave their feedback and the devs took note of it. The whole list is seen in a Reddit post by Infinity Ward. Adjustments made in the game is targeted on weapons like snipers, shotguns, launchers and SMGs. Some adjustments were also made for matchmaking, economy, regen spawning, health, perks and rig traits. Check out the whole list below:
During the Beta, we wanted to not only test a variety of new things such as our new matchmaking system, but we also wanted to hear all your feedback to help balance the game. We’ve been making adjustments since the Beta and below are the details on the changes you’ll see heading into launch day. Again, thank you for your support and we’ll see you online!
- Shotgun damage consistency increased.
- Shotgun damage at longer range increased.
- One shot kill range slightly increased.
- Reaver and Banshee’s 1 trigger pull kill range has an additional slight bonus.
- As the player ADS’s, the bullet spread at the hip no longer gets smaller. Once the scope reaches the player’s eye, the bullet spread becomes zero.
- The sniper aim assists for the KBS Longbow as well as other bolt action snipers is slightly reduced. Slowed turn rate while Aimed Down Sights in order to help with precision aiming.
- Sniper-class weapons will only have Aim Assist when the optic fully reaches the player’s eye.
- An increase in idle sway while ADS for ELO and Scout optics on snipers, same with the player’s view bounce when moving. View bounce and sway are less felt since the optics are zoomed in. This is great for a more stationary aiming and firing using these optics.
- Visuals of the Tracking Chip optics is improved.
- A reduction in the sniper’s bonus Quickdraw attachment.
- More flinch is seen in Snipers when shot at.
- The Howitzer Grenade launcher can now be fired from the hip, instead of requiring a full ADS.
- A tuning pass that increases the recoil given its bonus fire rate for the RPR Evo epic variant (Ripper).
PERKS & RIG TRAITS
- Marksman – Issue fixed that reduces flinch and recoil that would then stack with Gun Perks and the Foregrip attachment. This reduction bonus is now reduced.
- Momentum – Speed not retained is now fixed.
- Marked Target – The red marker on the victim is temporarily toned down.
HEALTH REGEN AND SPAWNING
- Health Regen time is reduced.
- Infusion bonus is reduced.
- Spawn system on beta maps is continuously being refined. Assessment of the remaining launch maps will be done in the live environment.
- Salvage gain in mission teams is increased.
- Currency value in supply drops is changed.
- Keys in round based modes has an increase in drop rate.
SCORESTREAKS AND RIGS
- Bullet damage and health have been increased. Weapon accuracy is increased to help with target acquisition.
- Health increase, weapon accuracy increase to help with target acquisition, fire rate is slightly increased and splash damage has a slight damage increase.
- Speed of tracking rockets is increased.
- Damage of both Tracking and Straight fire rockets is increased.
- The time between the initial drop as well as the subsequent drop has a slight decrease.
- A consistent inner to outer damage area update.
- Payload balance has been refined.
- Gameplay balance across rigs has slight tweaks.
- Defender: A bump up from 5 score per second to 10 score per second bonus when carrying the Drone. The scorestreak carrier bonus remains unaffected.
- Gun Game: Update now features all classic weapons. Spawning weapons that have alternate functions will retain their state.
- Domination: Currently, when you step off a flag, the capture bar progress starts to decay. After the betas, the rate of decay has been cut in half which allows the players to step off a flag to defend then get back up without loss in progress.
- Before, there was a thorough testing of your connection to other players. This was a strict evaluation before placing you in a lobby and it took very long. Now, the process is relaxed making the matching times shorter.
- Resolved issue where players were incorrectly categorized because of the issue in the geolocation system. It did improve the matchmaking times.
- A factor that slows down searching for a match is the dead lobby clean up process.
- A wait time in “join in progress situation” because there was an issue about the way information of the lobbies are tracked. This issue is fixed to make the process faster.
TTK (TIME TO KILL / ENGAGEMENT)
- Due to the adjustments made on the dedicated servers, matchmaking, and weapon turning, the TTK is more balanced on launch day (both on attacking and receiving ends).
- Dedicated Servers has a new load balancing system.
- A dramatic improvement in the dedicated server utilization after tweaks and fixes were done on the new system.
ALSO ON CHEAPDIGITALDOWNLOAD NEWS
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare has a new Story trailer out now. Also with that announcement is an announcement for a multiplayer beta.