Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator Now Has Multiplayer Support
The official multiplayer of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator is now available in open beta and it is called Convoy.
By: Merc | Veena
Read this post in :
Convoy – Experimental Beta Available Now
SCS Software is proud to announce Convoy, even though the support is still in its experimental stages. This feature enables multiplayer with up to eight people having their own private sessions. Fans of the game had been waiting for this, because the only multiplayer available had been through an unofficial mod.
At the moment, the beta is only available for players on American Truck Simulator. However, we are sure that this will come to Ero Truck Simulator 2 drivers as well.
There is no announcement as to when this beta be will running.
How to Activate the Experimental Beta
Here are the steps on how to join the open beta.
- In your Steam Games Library, right-click “American Truck Simulator”.
- Head to “Properties”
- Then to the “Betas” tab
- In the small window, place this password: XZo2orrgbG92XMQ
- Then hit the “Check Code”
SCS, recommends that you first backup your files when you do this. You can also use a new one. The reason behind this is that a save-game profile version for the beta will end up incomplete when opened in the full game. By the way make sure that you copied the password correctly without spaces before, after or in between.
Current Features and Limitations
Right now here are the features of Update 1.41:
- Host and create private sessions that can hold up to 8 people
- Get to sign the same contracts from the same company and destination together
- AI traffic, time and weather is synchronized
- Paint jobs, truck accessories, cabin accessories, and more are also synchronized
- Using the CB radio broadcast, quick replies, or text chat to communicate with other drivers.
Convoy is still in its early stages which means that there would still be bugs so SCS Software is encouraging feedback so that they are able to release the support publicly.
Also, other limitations are to be expected like lack of support for mods, and that players should be in the same set of maps as well as have the same cargo. You can always go back to a previous save when you get out of Convoy.
More relevant articles