Fallout 4 New Survival Mode Features
If you are up for a challenge you should try Fallout 4’s Survival Mode. It is currently available as a Beta on Steam. New changes were also made for Fallout 4’s Survival Mode, check it out in the list below.
- Game Saves– To be able to save the game, you must now get some sleep. That’s right! You must look for a bed and sleep for about an hour to save your progress. The game’s autosaves, manual saves and quick saves has been disabled.
- Fast Travel– Bethesda is making it mandatory for you to explore the Fallout 4 world, as fast travel has been disabled.
- Lethality– You will have to deal with increased lethality in the game. You may deal more damage but in return also receive more damage as well.
- Hidden Threats– This will make you rely less on your compass for threats as it will no longer be indicated on it (unless added by a Recon scope).
- Adrenalin– This is a new perk that gives you an added bonus to damage output, Increase your adrenaline by getting 5 kills which is equal to an increase in adrenaline rank.
- Exhaustion, Hunger,Thirst– You can get tired, hungry and thirsty in the game, so make sure to take this into consideration.
- Fatigue– When you are fatigued, your action points will get affected.
ADJUSTMENTS TO ITEMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bed Type– The bed type is important for your recovery. Some bed types will give you less recovery time than others.
- Illness and Antibiotics– You will be affected by illness, but you can make your own medicine for a cure.
- Immunodeficiency– When using RadAway it will temporarily damage your immunity and make you tired.
- Slow Healing– Recovery will now be at a slower rate.
- Crippled Limbs– Once crippled in combat, your limbs won’t automatically heal, you must find a bed and sleep to recover.
- Total Carry Weight– The total carry weight has been reduced, if what you are carrying is over the limit your wellness will be affected and will add to your fatigue.
- Companion Costs– The carry weight for companions have been decreased. When hurt in combat that won’t be able to get back up but upon being abandoned they will return home.
- Enemy and Loot– A location that has been cleared earlier will be repopulated by enemies, loot however will come at a slower rate.
You can find the complete info on the Survival Mode of Fallout 4 in Bethesda’s Blog Post.