Far Cry 6 Lets You Play as Dani in Third Person
Far Cry 6 will allow you to play Dani Rojas, the protagonist in the third person. You will be seeing your character in the cutscenes as well as in combat.
Navid Khavari, the game’s narrative director told GameSpot in an interview that the game will come with POV shifts which makes it possible for the players to connect with Dani.
The POV shifts had already been available for cutscenes, and players will now get to see it:
- At combat
- At the guerilla camps. This is a feature for players so that they can see the customizations that they did. Players also get to see Dani speak with other characters just like in Dragon Age, The Witcher and more. When leaving the camp, the POV will go back to the first-person view.
- Using the Supremo backpack. Khavari said that players will “see all of the backpack’s effects, and better feel its impact in action.” with the third-person view.
About Far Cry 6
The game is the 6th main installment of the Far Cry series and it is set in the island of Yara which is a fictional island in the Caribbeans. You will be playing as Dani Rojas who has joined the revolution, fighting alongside the Libertad guerrilla fighters. Your goal is to free the island of Yara as well as its people from the clutches of the tyrant ruler Antón Castillo and his son Diego. Antón is peronified by Giancarlo Esposito of The Mandalorian and Breaking Bad; Diego by Anthony Gonzalez from Coco.
Far Cry 6: Features
The recent AMA (Ask Me Anything) from Reddit shared the cool features of the game.
- Yara and the revolution – Enjoy a completely new world, new characters, new challenges and a brand new antagonist.
- Grappling Hook and Wingsuit – The two items are coming back but “it won’t be handed to [players] on a plate” said the developers.
- Takedowns – Those who love to play stealthily will love the takedowns. It also brings “plenty of new animations” to the game.
- Co-op – The game is available to be played in co-op upon launch, just like Far Cry 5.
- Vehicles – There are a wide variety of vehicles to use in the game whether it be for land, sea or air.
Improvisation for Guerillas
Improvisation plays a huge role in the game since the guerrillas need to use anything that is available to them. Juan Cortez is able to improvise tools and weapons.
What we have seen so far from improvisations are a minigun powered by a motorcycle engine and a homing missile-throwing backpack. If you have a creative mind, the possibilities are endless.
Far Cry 6 Release Date
Far Cry 6 will be releasing on October 7, 2021 and will be available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Preorder the game and you will get the bonus Libertad pack that has the Libertad Chorizo and the Discos Locos Disc Launcher.
Get to know what the available editions are in the game here: Far Cry 6 Editions And What It Comes With
More relevant articles
Far Cry 6 Launch to Praises Despite Its Ups and Downs
October 11, 2021 | Gaming News
Far Cry 6 launched to some small hiccups but critics still sang praises for the game when it was released. By Merc | Veena Far Cry 6 Reviews Far Cry 6 launched on October 7th for PC and consoles. This is the 6th installment of the popular franchise. After a few days of […]
Far Cry 6 Features and First 17 Minutes of Gameplay
October 7, 2021 | Gaming News
Far Cry 6 launched recently and Ubisoft shared two videos featuring the 17 minutes of gameplay as well as the game’s six features. By Daniel | Veena Far Cry 6 4K Gameplay on PS5 Far Cry 6 is set on the island of Yara in the Caribbeans. It is inspired by Cuba and it […]
Far Cry 6 Season Pass and Post Launch Roadmap
September 15, 2021 | Gaming News
Ubisoft has shared Far Cry 6’s Season Pass, DLCs, and post-launch content. The game is set to launch by October 7, 2021. By Daniel | Veena Post Launch Roadmap The Far Cry 6 roadmap gives us an idea of what to expect in the game. We get to see the timeline for when the […]
PC Games Delayed in 2020, Releasing in 2021
July 28, 2021 | Gaming News
It has been a hard 12 months in the world of video games having delayed release dates and whatnot. We have here a list of games that we were hyped about, but were delayed and are launching this year. By Daniel | Veena Delayed 2020 Games, Launching in 2021 Here are some of the hyped-up […]
Far Cry 6: Become The Villain Season Pass
June 18, 2021 | Gaming News
Ubisoft has launched a trailer for Far Cry 6 where players get to become the villain in the game. By Daniel | Veena Far Cry 6 Season Pass During the Ubisoft Forward, Far Cry 6 shared a season pass trailer that shared some really amazing things. The season pass will let players play as […]