First Gears 5 Update Comes With Free Escape Skills and Fixes
Gears 5 able to receive its very first update since it had been released. This comes with new Escape Skills for Mac, Keegan, and Lahni absolutely for free. The update also comes with some fixes and changes. All of these had been shared with the post called “What’s Up” weekly update.
|Gears of War 5||
|Gears of War 5 Xbox One||
The plan for the free Escape Skills are supposed to “evolve the meta” of the PVE modes. Both Lahni and Keegan will be receiving 1 rare and 1 epic card, and Mac, on the other hand, will be getting just 1 rare card. The new cards will be added to the character progression path of the mentioned characters.
You can check out what the new cards are capable of below:
- Venom Resistance (Rare, Level 11): All damage taken is reduced by 10% while in Venom
- Venom Blade (Epic, Level 15): Melee damage in Venom causes enemies to bleed for 10% of damage dealt
- Venom Explosive Resupply (Rare, Level 11): Resupply recharges explosive weapons while in Venom
- Venom Boost (Epic, Level 14): Kills inside the venom reduce the cooldown of Resupply by 20s
- Venom Resistance (Rare, Level 12): All damage taken is reduced by 10% while in Venom
The update also does come with some bug fixes. Some notable ones include the bug that causes Jack not to be able to upgrade his Assault and Support abilities in Campaign co-op, this has been fixed. Another thing is that has been fixed is that the game crashes when transitioning through a system that has an Nvidia GPU. The complete list of fixes can be seen here.
There had been a lot of announcements from the Coalition available too. Tour of Duty’s Double Stars will now be open weekly starting from January 5th, 10 AM BST / 11 AM CEST up until Sunday 6 PM BST / 7 PM CEST. This month will also have Versus Special Events like the Arcade Double Trouble. Also, new weekly store content has been added and some prices had been adjusted.
The full What’s Up post can be seen here.
Gears 5 is currently available for PC and Xbox One.