Microsoft Flight Simulator: Which Edition to Choose?
Fans of Microsoft Flight Simulator are surely happy to know that after 14 years a new title from the series is launching once again. The announcement was made last year and every trailer seen about it does not disappoint!
If you are wondering what editions are available for the game, we have a quick guide for you, so you could make up your mind in what to purchase.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is going to be available for PC first and will then be available on the Xbox One. Right now there are three editions available which are Standard, Deluxe, and Premium Deluxe.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Editions
The Standard Edition includes the base game with 20 highly-detailed planes as well as 30 hand-crafted airports.
The Deluxe Edition includes the base game plus 5 more planes and 5 more airports.
Deluxe Additional Aircraft
- Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI – An Australian light aircraft, four seat and single-engine.
- Diamond Aircraft DV20 – An Australian general aviation light aircraft, two-seat and tricycle-gear.
- Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bron G58 – An American high-performance piston twin light aircraft, six-seat.
- Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat – An American general aviation light aircraft, two-seat, fixed-tricycle-gear.
- Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk – An American fixed-wing, single-engine, high-wing aircraft, four-seat.
Deluxe Additional Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol – The international airport of the Netherlands.
- Cairo International Airport – The international airport of Egypt and is the busiest.
- Cape Town International Airport – The second-busiest airport in South Africa located in Cape Town.
- O’Hare International Airport – The international airport located in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport – The international airport of Madrid, Spain and is the second largest airport in Europe.
Premium Deluxe Edition
The Premium Deluxe Edition comes with everything that the Deluxe Edition includes as well as 5 more planes as well as 5 more airports.
Premium Deluxe Additional Aircraft
- Boeing 782-10 Dreamliner – An American twin-engine, wide-body, mid-sized, long-range jet liner.
- Cirrus Aircraft SR22 – An American four or five seat composite, single-engine aircraft.
- Pipistrel Virus SW 121 – A Slovenian single-engine, two-seat light aircraft.
- Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude – An American 6600km-range business jet with a T-tail and ~28° swept wings.
- Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra – An Italian ultralight high-performance for bush flying, designed to be the lightest.
Premium Deluxe Additional Airports
- Denver International Airport – The largest airport in the US located in Denver, Colorado. This is the second-largest airport in the world.
- Dubai International Airport – The international airport of Dubai and is the busiest in the world based on international passenger traffic.
- Frankfurt Airport – The international airport in Frankfurt and is the busiest in Germany based on passenger traffic.
- Heathrow Airport – The international airport in London and is the busiest in Europe based on passenger traffic.
- San Francisco International Airport – The largest airport in the San Francisco area and is the second busiest in California.