Purchased Key Not Working? | Allkeyshop FAQs
Are you having problems with the key that you bought from our partner stores? Were you not given the key, or if you were given one, are you having problems activating it? We have for you a quick guide on what to do just in case this happens to you.
Quick tip: when making your purchases, we advise that you use Paypal, you will know why at the end of the article.
Usually, there are only two situations with game key issues. The first one is when your key does not arrive at all and the other is when you do receive a key but is not able to activate it. Read on below on what you have to do in case you fall victim to any of this.
DID NOT RECEIVE THE KEY!
- Double-check if the email that you provided is correct.
- Don’t forget to check the spam folder too, if you cannot see the email on your regular mail.
- Check your account history if the translation has gone through
RECEIVED THE KEY, BUT IT IS NOT WORKING
- Make sure that you are activating the key on the correct platform e.g. GOG, Steam, Epic Games Store, etc.
- Check if you were able to copy the complete key.
- If you opt to type in the key, double-check your zeroes (0) from your letter Os.
- Go back to the seller’s email and check if there are special instructions to activate the key.
I’VE DONE EVERYTHING, BUT IT’S STILL NOT WORKING
Once you are absolutely sure that every step that you did is correct, but you are still having problems, then this is the time for you to ask for help from the seller.
You have to get a support ticket on the seller’s site. Usually, the links for these can be found on the top or bottom section of the page. Sometimes this could open a chat session with their support team or you will have a form that you will have to fill up and submit.
To make sure that everything will go smoothly, make sure that you have the following information ready:
- Your transaction ID or order number
- A screenshot that shows you trying to activate the code
- A screenshot of the error message that appeared after you tried activating your key
- A screenshot of your game library to prove that you don’t have the game yet
Do try to get high-quality screenshots, and never alter or modify any of the information on the screenshot. The seller will be able to check whether the key had been activated correctly with the screenshots that you sent. They are also able to use these screenshots to get a replacement key from their suppliers.
During this time, one must be patient as it will take some time to verify the information and investigate the issue.
I’VE SENT THE SUPPORT TICKET BUT THE SELLER IS NOT RESPONDING NOR WANTS TO GIVE A NEW KEY NOR GIVE BACK THE REFUND
This is a rare occasion, as our partner sites would make sure to send a replacement key or a refund if the problem is confirmed. But if this happens to you, this is what you have to do.
Get in contact with whoever you used to pay for the transaction. This could either be via Paypal or through your back.
- We recommended Paypal because it is very easy to file a dispute. Just make sure that you do it within 180 days of your transaction. This will be your layer of protection should anything go wrong with your transaction.
To file a dispute through Paypal, you would have to:
- Log into your account
- Go to “Activity” on the top of the page
- Pull up the transaction details that you would want to dispute
- Click on “Report an issue” at the bottom
- Then simply follow the simple steps on the page
- If a credit card or a different mode of payment was used that is tied up to your bank, you will need to contact the bank directly to file the dispute. The process will vary depending on your bank, so it is best to contact them directly. Also, in this time and age, where everything is digital, make sure that you file your dispute not more than a week of your transaction date.
You can rest assured that we constantly test all of your partner stores to ensure that they are reliable and trustworthy. We want to make sure that our partner stores give out high-quality products as well as offer excellent after-sales service.
You are our priority, so if in case any of our partner stores refuse to help you, do contact our own support team here at Allkeyshop.com, and we can guarantee that we will help you with the issue.