Rust is a multiplayer-only, survival, open world game where players are on an isolated island. They must survive hunger, thirst, other players and the weather.
Rust first launched in December 2013, however, more and more players are starting to play the game or are coming back to play it because famous streamers like Shroud and Jacksepticeye were recently playing the game.
To give you an idea of how popular the game is, developers Facepunch Studios shared that the game was able to make $1 million in a day, two times in the first week of January 2021. Because of the game’s popularity, requests for it to launch for consoles were made. Hopefully, the game will be available for the PlayStation and Xbox platforms sometime this year.
4 Tips for the First Hours of Playing Rust
If it’s your first time playing Rust, the best way not to get frustrated is to take the advice of experts and learning from their mistakes. The game can be overwhelming if you have no experience at all with these types of games.
You will start the game naked, meaning you will have to start from nothing and work your way up. Here are our recommendations on your first steps in the game.
1. Make sure you know your map well (press G). The best area to start out is at the edge of the snow-covered areas. These are key places because loot is accessible and you must collect EVERYTHING.
2. Create and place a sleeping bag. This will secure the location of where you will respawn when you die.
3. When mining resources, make sure to look for critical points. An example of this is a red X on trees and bright spots on rocks. These points will make sure that you get more resources in every hit.
4. At the first opportunity of crafting a weapon, take it! A bow or spear will be enough to protect you at this early stage.
Know that the game is really difficult at first! Make sure to learn from your mistakes rather than get discouraged from them.
5 Most Important Tips From Pro Players
1. Never trust anyone! If you talk to someone, this will reveal your location and will make you vulnerable and an easy target.
2. A tool cupboard is a helpful item as it will manage and protect the belongings in your base.
3. Choose the correct servers for you. It is best to choose a server that just had a reset. Make sure you check the group limit, those with small or no groups are the best ones if you play alone.
4. Don’t rush in to loot. When you make your kill, don’t let your guard down to loot. Sepp says, “There’s always another one.”
5. Make sure to learn from your mistakes, blaming others for your fault will never make you a better player.
Why Did Rust Become Popular All of a Sudden?
Rust is not a new game. Over the years, it has managed to create a strong player base and is one of the biggest survival MMOs on Steam.
Since the end of 2020, more and more players are coming to play the game. A reason for this could be that some huge streamers started playing the game once again.
New World Records for Rust
Just recently the game was able to reach 100,000 concurrent players for the first time in many months.
Last January 9, we see those numbers double, reaching about 250,000 concurrent players bringing the game to third place on the Steam charts. The two games on the top spots are Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and DOTA 2.
Rust Twitch Drops Enabled
Up until January 15th, players get a chance to get special in-game items via Twitch Drops. You would just have to link your Steam account and your Twitch account and watch the participating streamers on Twitch.
Since you are already on Twitch, make sure to also check out our Allkeyshop Channel, so that you can enjoy 24/7 game news and daily deals.
Beginners Guide Video – Tips and Tricks
Ingo is fast! Studied e-commerce and has his roots for now in lively Germany. At the same time, as an ambitious influencer consultant, he is close to gaming communities & game developers. He often knows what trends are currently going on. Ingo has a special fascination as game review editor.