Know What The Critics Have To Say In The SpellForce 3 Review Round-Up!
The blend of the real-time strategy and role-playing video game of Gilmore Games was released last December 7 and the SpellForce 3 Review round-up it’s here!
We know it has only been a week since the game’s release, however, some reviews are already in and it shows a mix of reviews from different critics found in Metacritic. For your convenience, we’ve made the list for you below.
“The game is far above the average, but with little things like control issues, bugs and AI behavior met frequently enough to sour the impression.”Pros:
- Unique mix of RPG & RTS
- Beautiful aesthetics
- Deep systems
- Clunky controls
- Lack of precision in commands
- Bugs and glitches
- Visual clutter
“SpellForce 3 is a unique mix of strategy and RPG mechanics that miraculously loses very few of either. It asks no knowledge of the previews titles, and features co-op and PvP multiplayer modes in addition to the rather long single-player campaign. Ironically, in an age of MOBA’s ad strategy-less strategy games, this years-old staple of game design feels surprisingly refreshing.”Pros:
- Beautiful and often responsive combat
- Amazing soundtrack
- Good graphics
- Significant base-building aspects
- Interesting lore and dialogue
- Bit to focused on micromanagement
- Units are quite hard to select or precisely control in battles
- Character development is rather shallow
Hardcore GamerRating: 8/10
“2017 was already a great year for RPG’s and SpellForce 3 adds another entry on an already impressive list as the year comes to a close.”Pros:
- Blending of genres come together smoothly
- Delivered on the potential it showed while still in development
- Gives a unique experience
- Might not be the deepest individual RTS and RPG experience ever created.
- Hardcore CRPG or RTS fans might find the game systems for the respective genres less complex than some of their favorites.
- Not the most original idea for a plot
IGN ItaliaRating: 6.5/10
“With a full-bodied campaign of about 30 hours, it is not the contents that are lacking, but rather the sense of wonder that should push the player to discover them completely.”Pros:
- Interesting background idea
- Long-lived campaign
- Poor characterization of heroes and factions
- Uninspired aesthetics
- Assorted berries