Tropico 6 Closed Beta Patch Notes And Road Map Revealed
Kalypso Media was able to share with us their Tropico 6 closed beta patch notes as well as their future plans for the game with a Road Map.
For the game’s developmental road map for the month of February, we should expect a multiplayer mode, a new mission as well as a lot of improvements. For the March update, there will still be a lot of improvements plus a Random Map Generator.
A complete changelog is also available for the Tropico 6 closed beta update and it can be found on their Steam page but the highlights for it can be seen below:
Features and Improvements
- Added a new campaign mission to the beta: “Better Red than Dead”
- Various map adjustments/polishing and mission balancing. For example:
- “Speakeasy”: Lowered the number of arrested criminals required to complete mission tasks.
- “Nido De Iguanas”: Added additional beach sites; smoothed out uneven terrain.
- “Fuego Aislado”: Fixed some regions where it was impossible to place a dock; fixed hard to reach mineral deposits.
- Rivers now show a direction of flow.
- Added a special island for customization, which can be opened from the main menu.
- Citizens’ interactions (e.g. “Arrest”) will be carried out much more quickly.
- Fixed over 30 crashes to increase stability.
- Fixed over 70 pathfinding issues, such as agents getting stuck, walking on water, boats clipping, not using metros efficiently, etc.
- Fixed over 200 bugs.
- Removed the height level restriction of metro stations.
- Increased the overall transportation speed of the metro.
- Removed fixed duration and cooldown from the “Child Allowances” edict.
- Trade routes with smugglers will now have a negative impact on the standing with superpowers in all eras.
- Added new Trade menu.
- All available trade offers are now collected on one page.
- The game offers ways to filter through the list of available offers to easily and quickly find the trade route that players are looking for.
- Players can now choose the volume of a trade route before signing it.
- Added a “Goods & Prices” overview to the Trade menu. Players can now see the standard export/import costs of every good and see available and running trade routes for individual goods.
- Added an option on “Goods & Prices” to enable or disable automatic export of individual goods.
Improvements to the Warfare
- Fixed Tropicans stopping going to work during an ongoing attack, even if their workplace was not attacked.
- Removed the work modes from military buildings. Offensive or defensive behavior of military squads will now be set with the action buttons on the
- building info window.
- Soldiers will now prefer to defend buildings that are actually under attack.
- Fixed cases of squads facing the wrong direction during combat.
- Fixed military units stacking on top of each other during combat.
- Fixed soldiers shooting in wrong directions.
- Increased the damage of units and made overall combat faster.
- Balanced the upgrade prices of military buildings.
- Balanced the aircraft carrier.
- Added muzzle flash visual effect.
Tropico 6 is set to launch on March 26, 2019, and can be played on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.